Master Blender of Zacapa Rum
1) Bucket List items for this year.
- This year is almost ending but the most important thing for me this are the vacations with my sons. Which will be the first trip with my only grandchild.
- Work with this year’s Ron Zacapa’s Limited Reserve 2015.
- Loose 10 pounds, I have lost already 7 pounds.
- Go on a trip with my mother.
- Make a small bar at my home.
2) Favorite Drink + Recipe
My favorite drink is Old Fashion with Zacapa 23.
1 ½ oz. of Zacapa Rum 23
2 spoonbars of simple syrup
3 drops of angostura bitter
1 grapefruit peel
Procedure: Place all the ingredients on a mixing glass, add ice and shake with thespoonbar until the desired taste. Serve on a glass with fresh ice and decorate with the grapefruit peel. Before serving use the grapefruit’s essential oils over the glass rim.
3) Where do you see the rum industry today and in the next 5 years?
I think the growth of the industry will continue with Premium rums. The consumer is more educated and more demanding of real and high quality products that have history and a human approach.
4) Share some (2-3) of your mentors and how they have helped you.
My mentors guide me from heaven. Now I am the mentor of my team because of my age and experience.
5) Any last words?
It is very important to have dreams, but it is more important to pursue them and make them a reality with hard work and passion.
6) Learn more about Lorena Vásquez.
I am a woman with two sons and a grandchild. But I still pursue my dreams that someday will become real.