IRON TIKITENDER FINALIST 2015 Seattle-based Craft Barman
1) Bucket List items for this year.
- Competing in this years Iron TikiTender (He did)
- Purchasing a case of Lemonhart 151 for personal use.
- Attempting to track down an original bottle of Okolehao.
- Visiting Hale Pele in Portland, OR and the Shameful Tiki Room in Vancouver BC.
2) Biggest achievement you personally feel you have accomplished for the rum industry.
That’s a bit of a tough one. Being able to start a tropical program in an establishment best known for its selection of whiskies and Scotches I feel is pretty noteworthy.
3) Favorite Drink + Recipe
4) Where do you see the rum industry today?
It appears to be growing rapidly with more of a demand
5) Where do you see the rum industry in 5 years?
I see a steady growth and continued interest from both industry professionals and consumers.
6) Share some (2-3) of your mentors and how they have helped you.
I cannot say enough kind words about Jason Alexander and the Tacoma Cabana. Jason is constantly pushing boundaries on traditional Tropical cocktails and continues to impress. Always worth a trip down to Tacoma to see him.
Info at: Instagram