Interview with Chris Fierro – Richland Rum Brand Ambassador
Richland Rum Brand Ambassador
1) Bucket List items for this year.
- Visit as many distilleries as possible
- Expand my rum collection with unique rums from around the world
- Motivate people to use and enjoy rum
- Hike the Andes mountains of Peru with my kids
- Own a bar one day
2) Biggest achievement you personally feel you have accomplished for the rum industry.
3) Favorite Drink + Recipe
Cocktail: Richland Old Fashioned
- 2oz Richland Rum
- ½ oz club soda
- 1 brown sugar cube
- 2 dashes of bitters
- 1 orange wheel
- 1 maraschino cherry
In a shaker, muddle the orange wheel, sugar cube and bitter with club soda. Strain and pour in an old fashioned glass with large ice cube. Garnish with new orange wheel and maraschino cherry.
4) Where do you see the rum industry today and in the future?
5) Where do you see the rum industry in 5 years
I’m hopeful to see more premium rum brands from around the world available on the liquor store shelves. There will be smaller distilleries making a change in the rum market.
6) Share some (2-3) of your mentors and how they have help you.
- My mom for keeping the family together and always being a great support.
- Robert Kordell – my manager who helped me grow in my accounting profession.
- Robert Burr & Forrest Cokely – for helping me when I needed guidance.