1) Bucket List items for this upcoming year.
- Position the brand as one of the most important in the country.
- Introduce Angostura Signature Brand cocktails with more of the country.
- Being one of the 3 best bartenders of the country.
- Grow the Mexican Cocktail industry.
- Open my own bar dedicated to Rum and position it amongst the best in Mexico
2) Biggest achievement you personally feel you have accomplish for the rum industry.
Strengthened the rum cocktail culture in Mexico by incorporating new techniques and styles to my recipes.
3) Favorite Drink + Recipe
* Spicy Sour*
45 ML AMARO DI ANGOSTURA
25ML ANGOSTURA 7 YEARS
15 ML LEMON JUICE
25 ML CINNAMON SYRUP
— DRY SHAKE AND SHAKE
COUPETTE GLASS AND 1 DASH AROMATIC BITTER
4) Where do you see the rum industry today and in the next 5 years?
With significant growth worldwide. I expect to see it become the most used spirit in cocktails.
5) Share some (2-3) of your mentors and how they have helped you.
- Jose Luis Leon – Taught me the right way to grow professionally and to stay focused on my end goal
- Richard Albano – Helped me improve my people’s skills and taught me how to create significant long-term bonds
6) Any last words?
I am committed to sharing expertise every day with my colleagues, so that together we can grow the industry. I work to bring superior service knowing that the customer always comes first. Finally – rum is happiness and we are all happiness!
6)Learn more about César Daniel Ponce
César Daniel Ponce, better known as “Burrin”, is a native of Mexico City. 27 years old, he began bartending around 7 years ago. He is a competitor and finalist of more than 6 cocktail competitions of different brands
Working for one of the best cocktail bars in Mexico City the “Puebla 109” as a bartender, it was there that he perfected his techniques and grew professionally. His primary motivation was, and still is to make Mexico mixology a global trend and encourage Mexican bartenders to explore and exploit the country’s wealth in terms of gastronomy. Currently “Burrin” is in charge of the bar of one of the strongest & most prestigious groups in the country – Adamantium. The group has restaurants such as BISTRO BEC, and the Loggia in Polanco and Vesuvius in Santa Fe., Puebla and Playa del Carmen. Cesar uses the position of Bar Manager to create quality menus, and train technical and administrative personnel within the group.
He won the Mexican competition of the Angostura Global Cocktail Challenge, getting a trip to Panama and signing on as Brand Ambassador of THE HOUSE OF ANGOSTURA